Assisted Home Health & Hospice
If you are a passionate, personable and independent professional looking for a career with high growth potential, join Assisted’s dedicated team today. Assisted is one of the leading providers of home health services with multiple locations in Southern California and Arizona.
Throughout the years, the Assisted care team has offered high quality, compassionate home health services to patients and their loved ones. Financially and strategically, we are positioned to be a key player in the industry for the years to come.
We are looking for employees who understand and exhibit accountability, honesty/integrity and respect.
Assisted has earned a HomeCare Elite Status several years in a row – come and join an elite team of homecare professionals!
Assisted Offers Our Employees a Unique Employment Package:
- Working in the environment where you are supported by a team of skilled healthcare professionals who are committed to providing the highest levels of care where the patient comes first
- Opportunity to promote innovative healthcare services and specialty programs
- Our field employees enjoy flexible work hours and opportunity to work close to home
- We offer a very competitive pay. Full-time benefits include: medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, 401K plan and bonus structure based on job classification. In addition our administrative positions receive a generous vacation, PTO and sick leave package, paid holidays, and much more!
- We encourage an environment where you get to work with your friends by providing our employees with a very generous referral bonus structure
- Assisted is dedicated to fostering a fun environment for our employees where everyone is treated like family – we have company parties, themed week events, foundation events and casual Fridays
As a Medical Social Worker you will:
- Assess emotional factors related to the illness
- Assess need for counseling for the patient and family
- Assess the patient / family’s psychosocial status, potential for risk of suicide and / or abuse or neglect
- Assess special needs related to cultural diversity including communication, space, role of family members and special traditions.
- Involve the patient/family in the plan of care, addressing questions and issues, identifying obstacles to compliance and assisting in understanding of goals of interventions
- Provide social services including, but not limited to, short-term counseling, crisis intervention, assistance with education and preparation of advance directives, funeral planning issues and transfer of responsibilities regarding fiscal, legal and health care decisions
- Provide holistic family-centered care across treatment settings.
- Act as resource to access community resources for the patient and family
- Support the patient’s unique spiritual beliefs
- Identify the support system available to reduce stress and facilitate coping with long term illness or end of life care
- Prepare and submit, as directed, all case documentation and required payroll information according to Agency policy.
- Provide services within the Agency’s catchment area
- Additional list of duties and responsibilities is provided in the Job Description
- Master of Social Work degree from a school of social work accredited or approved by the Council on Social Work Education.
- Must have one (1) year of experience and have a Masters in Social Work.
- Must have 1 year experience in Hospice/Hospital setting
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Must have visual and hearing acuity. Must be able to communicate clearly verbally. Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently. May be exposed to minor hazards/communicable diseases. Physically active walking, standing, bending, lifting, and climbing stairs. Must be able to perform fully assisted transfers, with or without transfer devices (if required for the position). Must not have any back lifting/moving restrictions. Must provide proof of automobile insurance upon hire and at each renewal and maintain a safe driving record. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities who are able to perform the essential functions of the position.
To maintain our world class standard, all offers of employment with Assisted are contingent upon a satisfactory background check as well a physical and TB testing (if required for the position). Assisted also uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization with both the Social Security Administration and the Department of Homeland Security.
For any questions please email Recruiting@Assisted1.com or fax to 805-413-8557. Please specify the job title and the location of interest. Assisted is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.assisted1.com/join-our-team/application/ →