Assisted Home Health & Hospice
If you are a passionate, personable and independent professional looking for a career with high growth potential, join Assisted’s dedicated team today. Assisted is one of the leading providers of home health services with multiple locations in Southern California and Arizona.
Throughout the years, the Assisted care team has offered high quality, compassionate home health services to patients and their loved ones. Financially and strategically, we are positioned to be a key player in the industry for the years to come.
We are looking for employees who understand and exhibit accountability, honesty/integrity and respect.
Assisted has earned a HomeCare Elite Status several years in a row – come and join an elite team of homecare professionals!
Assisted Offers Our Employees a Unique Employment Package:
- Working in the environment where you are supported by a team of skilled healthcare professionals who are committed to providing the highest levels of care where the patient comes first
- Opportunity to promote innovative healthcare services and specialty programs
- Our field employees enjoy flexible work hours and opportunity to work close to home
- We offer a very competitive pay. Full-time benefits include: medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, 401K plan and bonus structure based on job classification. In addition our administrative positions receive a generous vacation, PTO and sick leave package, paid holidays, and much more!
- We encourage an environment where you get to work with your friends by providing our employees with a very generous referral bonus structure
- Assisted is dedicated to fostering a fun environment for our employees where everyone is treated like family – we have company parties, themed week events, foundation events and casual Fridays
As a Community Liaison / Account Manager you will:
- Identify appropriate patients to transition to home care, hospice or caregiver services consistent with the mission and goals of the Agency
- Help to achieve and maintain continuity of patient care by planning and exchanging information with other professionals within facilities, case management offices and others in the community
- Identify needs, develops and maintains relationships within Agency’s assigned accounts
- Responsible for development and maintenance of Resident Wellness Programs at select facilities as assigned by the Director of Sales and Branch Manager
- Responsible for promoting Agency’s hospice program to facilities patients and families and the completion of the consent process
- Responsible for consistent delivery of orders, HNP’s, demographics, etc. in order to admit patients on Agency’s service
- Assists in implementation of Enhanced Home Health Program at the assigned facilities
- High School Diploma is required; Associate’s Degree or higher preferred.
- At least 1 year of sales experience
- At least 2 years of client service or customer service experience working in healthcare related field preferred
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and be detail oriented.
- Must demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to interact effectively with health care professionals, patients, peers and management.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Must have visual and hearing acuity. Must be able to communicate clearly verbally. Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently. May be exposed to minor hazards/communicable diseases. Physically active walking, standing, bending, lifting, and climbing stairs. Must be able to perform fully assisted transfers, with or without transfer devices (if required for the position). Must not have any back lifting/moving restrictions. Must provide proof of automobile insurance upon hire and at each renewal and maintain a safe driving record. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities who are able to perform the essential functions of the position.
To maintain our world class standard, all offers of employment with Assisted are contingent upon a satisfactory background check as well a physical and TB testing (if required for the position). Assisted also uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization with both the Social Security Administration and the Department of Homeland Security.
For any questions please email Recruiting@Assisted1.com or fax to 805-413-8557. Please specify the job title and the location of interest. Assisted is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit assistedcares.com.