Assisted Home Health & Hospice
If you are a passionate, personable and independent professional looking for a career with high growth potential, join Assisted’s dedicated team today. Assisted is one of the leading providers of home health services with multiple locations in Southern California and Arizona.
Throughout the years, the Assisted care team has offered high quality, compassionate home health services to patients and their loved ones. Financially and strategically, we are positioned to be a key player in the industry for the years to come.
We are looking for employees who understand and exhibit accountability, honesty/integrity and respect.
Assisted has earned a HomeCare Elite Status several years in a row – come and join an elite team of homecare professionals!
Assisted Offers Our Employees a Unique Employment Package:
- Working in the environment where you are supported by a team of skilled healthcare professionals who are committed to providing the highest levels of care where the patient comes first
- Opportunity to promote innovative healthcare services and specialty programs
- Our field employees enjoy flexible work hours and opportunity to work close to home
- We offer a very competitive pay. Full-time benefits include: medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, 401K plan and bonus structure based on job classification. In addition our administrative positions receive a generous vacation, PTO and sick leave package, paid holidays, and much more!
- We encourage an environment where you get to work with your friends by providing our employees with a very generous referral bonus structure
- Assisted is dedicated to fostering a fun environment for our employees where everyone is treated like family – we have company parties, themed week events, foundation events and casual Fridays
As a Hospice Program Clinical Director you will:
- Be Responsible for supervision of the Hospice in the assigned location
- Be Responsible for all office management functions
- Act as a resource for employees
- Orient new employees regarding current policies & procedures.
- Be Responsible for ensuring new employees are oriented to Agency current policies & procedures
- Be Responsible for maintaining effective and ethical billing practices and training for billing personnel. Keeps up with changes in billing of private, Medicare and Medical claims
- Maintain efficient paper flow through office. Works with DPS to ensure efficiency. Supervision and training of Medical record Department
- Be Responsible for Hospice accounting functions including, A/R, A/P, P/R, billing and collections
- Maintain community involvement. Maintains a working relationship with other hospice agencies and groups
- Provide Management of agency personnel and contracted services. Assures that Agency personnel are performing job duties as per job descriptions and at an acceptable standard
- Plan and evaluates educational needs of department personnel and promotes growth and development
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in nursing or other health-related field with three years of experience within the last five years in a hospice at least 2 year of which was in a supervisory or administrative capacity
- Or a registered nurse with 4 years of experience within the last five years in a hospice or home health agency, primary care clinic or health facility, at least one year was in a supervisory or administrative capacity
- Shall have sufficient background knowledge and expertise in clinical decision-making for the patient population of the Hospice agency to meet the needs of his or her patients, and to contribute to Quality Management review and evaluation
- Ability to direct and coordinate multiple functions
- Working knowledge of community resources, Title IX, HCFA, and national accreditation standards
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Must have visual and hearing acuity. Must be able to communicate clearly verbally. Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently. May be exposed to minor hazards/communicable diseases. Physically active walking, standing, bending, lifting, and climbing stairs. Must be able to perform fully assisted transfers, with or without transfer devices (if required for the position). Must not have any back lifting/moving restrictions. Must provide proof of automobile insurance upon hire and at each renewal and maintain a safe driving record. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities who are able to perform the essential functions of the position.
To maintain our world class standard, all offers of employment with Assisted are contingent upon a satisfactory background check as well a physical and TB testing (if required for the position). Assisted also uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization with both the Social Security Administration and the Department of Homeland Security.
For any questions please email Recruiting@Assisted1.com or fax to 805-413-8557. Please specify the job title and the location of interest. Assisted is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit assistedcares.com.