Assisted Home Health & Hospice
If you are a passionate, personable and independent professional looking for a career with high growth potential, join Assisted’s dedicated team today. Assisted is one of the leading providers of home health services with multiple locations in Southern California and Arizona.
Throughout the years, the Assisted care team has offered high quality, compassionate home health services to patients and their loved ones. Financially and strategically, we are positioned to be a key player in the industry for the years to come.
We are looking for employees who understand and exhibit accountability, honesty/integrity and respect.
Assisted has earned a HomeCare Elite Status several years in a row – come and join an elite team of homecare professionals!
Assisted Offers Our Employees a Unique Employment Package:
- Working in the environment where you are supported by a team of skilled healthcare professionals who are committed to providing the highest levels of care where the patient comes first
- Opportunity to promote innovative healthcare services and specialty programs
- Our field employees enjoy flexible work hours and opportunity to work close to home
- We offer a very competitive pay. Full-time benefits include: medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, 401K plan and bonus structure based on job classification. In addition our administrative positions receive a generous vacation, PTO and sick leave package, paid holidays, and much more!
- We encourage an environment where you get to work with your friends by providing our employees with a very generous referral bonus structure
- Assisted is dedicated to fostering a fun environment for our employees where everyone is treated like family – we have company parties, themed week events, foundation events and casual Fridays
As an Insurance Coordinator you will:
- Verifies insurance coverage for service, if needed.
- Secures prior authorization for initial services, if needed.
- Provides clinical, billing, and collections personnel with information regarding patient=s insurance coverage.
- Assists Branch Manager in preparation and mailing of bills on a monthly basis.
- Tracks authorizations vs. utilization and secures further authorization for additional visits.
- Tracks mailed MD orders, discharge summaries and POC’s for signatures and follow-up to obtain in timely manner.
- Backs up receptionist in answering incoming calls and directing to the appropriate party or their voice mail.
- Prepares nursing and therapy admission packets.
- Accurate filing of initial paperwork into the clinical records.
- Initiates frequency of visit tracking per POC.
- Distributes incoming faxes.
- Assists with assessments, re-certifications, and D/C paperwork tracking.
- Notifies staff of missing documentation from assessments, re-certifications and D/C’s.v
- Separates payroll copies from S.O.C.’s and codes appropriately.
- Works overtime if needed.
- Supports the mission and goals of the Agency.
- Acknowledges patient rights including privacy and confidentiality.
- Consistently displays a professional appearance and conduct in all settings. Customer service, including interpersonal and interagency relationships, is positive and professional at all times.
- Assumes responsibility and displays reliability for the completion of tasks, duties, communications, and actions.
- Maintains professional growth and development.
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Abides by Agency policies and procedures.
- Accepts other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Type a minimum of 35 wpm, master of alphabet, experience interacting with clients/customers (internal and external).
- Ability to coordinate multiple functions and appropriate phone etiquette.
- One-year experience in medical office/hospital/agency with basic knowledge of insurance coverage preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Must have visual and hearing acuity. Must be able to communicate clearly verbally. Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently. May be exposed to minor hazards/communicable diseases. Physically active walking, standing, bending, lifting, and climbing stairs. Must be able to perform fully assisted transfers, with or without transfer devices (if required for the position). Must not have any back lifting/moving restrictions. Must provide proof of automobile insurance upon hire and at each renewal and maintain a safe driving record. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities who are able to perform the essential functions of the position.
To maintain our world class standard, all offers of employment with Assisted are contingent upon a satisfactory background check as well a physical and TB testing (if required for the position). Assisted also uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization with both the Social Security Administration and the Department of Homeland Security.
For any questions please email Recruiting@Assisted1.com or fax to 805-413-8557. Please specify the job title and the location of interest. Assisted is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit assistedcares.com.