Assisted Home Health & Hospice
If you are a passionate, personable and independent professional looking for a career with high growth potential, join Assisted’s dedicated team today. Assisted is one of the leading providers of home health services with multiple locations in Southern California and Arizona.
Throughout the years, the Assisted care team has offered high quality, compassionate home health services to patients and their loved ones. Financially and strategically, we are positioned to be a key player in the industry for the years to come.
We are looking for employees who understand and exhibit accountability, honesty/integrity and respect.
Assisted has earned a HomeCare Elite Status several years in a row – come and join an elite team of homecare professionals!
Assisted Offers Our Employees a Unique Employment Package:
- Working in the environment where you are supported by a team of skilled healthcare professionals who are committed to providing the highest levels of care where the patient comes first
- Opportunity to promote innovative healthcare services and specialty programs
- Our field employees enjoy flexible work hours and opportunity to work close to home
- We offer a very competitive pay. Full-time benefits include: medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, 401K plan and bonus structure based on job classification. In addition our administrative positions receive a generous vacation, PTO and sick leave package, paid holidays, and much more!
- We encourage an environment where you get to work with your friends by providing our employees with a very generous referral bonus structure
- Assisted is dedicated to fostering a fun environment for our employees where everyone is treated like family – we have company parties, themed week events, foundation events and casual Fridays
As a Hospice LVN you will:
- Ensure quality and safe delivery of hospice nursing services.
- Communicate with RN Case Manager on a regular basis regarding changes in the patient’s condition and/or needs.
- Assist the RN and / or physician in performing specialized duties related to end-of life care.
- Assist the RN in carrying out the plan of care.
- Assist the patient in learning appropriate self-care techniques.
- Perform procedures at a level of care standard within the medical community, scope of practice consistent with the Vocational Nursing Practice Act, and follow Agency’s current policies and procedures.
- Observe, record and report to the physician and/or RN, Supervisor or appropriate interdisciplinary team members the patient’s reaction to treatment, including drugs, and any changes in the patient’s condition.
- Demonstrate the ability to correctly use and direct the use of medical supplies and equipment adhering to aseptic technique as required.
- Instruct other health team personnel, including home health aides and the patient’s family, regarding the nursing care needs and other related problems of the patient consistent with the Licensed Vocational Nurse Practice Act.
- Cooperate with other agencies providing nursing or related services to provide continuity of care and to implement a comprehensive care plan.
- Participate in orientation, in-service education, utilization review, and performance improvement activities.
- Attend Interdisciplinary Group meetings and participate in care plan revision / update.
- Assist in assessing the patient / family response to care.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Document clinical and progress notes that show provision of and outcomes of interventions.
- Provide services within the Agency’s catchment area.
- Assist with discharge planning as appropriate.
- Acknowledge patient rights including privacy and confidentiality.
- Additional list of duties and responsibilities is provided in the Job Description
- Current, active license as an LVN by the California Board of Vocational Nurse and Psychiatric Technician Examiners.
- Current CPR, health clearance and clinical skills self-assessment.
- Successful passage (80%) of Agency competency exam and core competency skills Checklist.
- Minimum of one year experience as an LVN.
- Knowledge of Hospice care and services.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Must have visual and hearing acuity. Must be able to communicate clearly verbally. Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently. May be exposed to minor hazards/communicable diseases. Physically active walking, standing, bending, lifting, and climbing stairs. Must be able to perform fully assisted transfers, with or without transfer devices (if required for the position). Must not have any back lifting/moving restrictions. Must provide proof of automobile insurance upon hire and at each renewal and maintain a safe driving record. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities who are able to perform the essential functions of the position.
To maintain our world class standard, all offers of employment with Assisted are contingent upon a satisfactory background check as well a physical and TB testing (if required for the position). Assisted also uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization with both the Social Security Administration and the Department of Homeland Security.
For any questions please email Recruiting@Assisted1.com or fax to 805-413-8557. Please specify the job title and the location of interest. Assisted is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit assistedcares.com.