Valentine’s Day shouldn’t be reserved only for young couples – people of all ages can celebrate! This Valentine’s day show that special senior in your life how much you love them on this day for love. Here are 8 Senior Care Ideas that will help fill a senior’s Valentine’s Day with joy:
Help your loved one get into the spirit of the day by creating and hanging decorations together. Here are a few great ideas that will help your loved one have fun, get crafty and express their creativity.
Fluttering Hearts Garland Decorations:
You’ll Need: Pink or Red Construction Paper, Scissors, Large Needle & Embroidery Floss
1) Using Pink and Red construction paper, cut out hearts ranging in sizes from 2”-5”.
2) Using a large needle and embroidery floss, string the hearts and knot them in place every 2-3 inches.
3) Hang from ceilings, doors and windows!
Tissue Paper Pom Pom Decorations:
You’ll Need: 6-10 pieces of Red or Pink (or both!) Tissue paper, Scissors, Florist Wire & Ribbon
1) Layer 6-10 pieces of tissue paper together and lay on a flat surface. Fold width wise in a 1” according pattern.
2) Once folded, cut both ends into a point.
3) Wrap a piece of florist wire around your folded paper in the exact center.
4) Gently pull apart all layers of tissue and form into a sphere.
5) Hang the beautiful creations from the ceiling.
Tree with Heart Leaves Art Project:
You’ll Need: Pink & Red Construction Paper, Scissors, tree template & glue stick.
1) Cut 20-30 1” hearts out of the color construction paper.
2) Glue the hearts onto the branches of the supplied tree template.
3) The artwork will look great hung on the wall or can be given to someone special!
Who doesn’t love flowers? Men and women alike can appreciate the beauty and the thought behind a gorgeous bouquet of flowers. Make it even more special and make the delivery yourself. Your loved one will adore the time with you as much as the beautiful, sweet smelling bouquet!
Coordinate a Valentine Bingo Game
Put a Valentine spin on the ordinary bingo game! Download these fun and free Valentine Bingo cards (compliments of the folks at Libbie Grove Design) and coordinate a game for your loved one at home or their senior center. Use Hershey’s Kisses or Conversation Hearts as square markers and give out Valentine’s candy as prizes.
Throw a Valentine’s Dance Party
Take your loved one on a trip back in time by putting together a playlist of their favorite dance or love songs from their glory days! Music tends to have a powerful impact on people (especially on the elderly) and can release a tripwire of enjoyable memories. Get them up and moving to the beat or simply tapping their foot as music takes them on a trip back in time!
Make Valentine’s Day Cookies
Get your loved one up and baking! Whip up a batch of cookie dough that your loved one can decorate. Don’t forget the heart-shaped cookie cutters, colored sprinkles and icing. They can indulge in their delicious creations, or you can package them as gifts and distribute to recipients of their choice.
Enjoy a Meal at Their Favorite Restaurant
Treat your loved one to a meal at a restaurant of their choice to celebrate. Spending quality time, talking and reminiscing over a delicious meal will surely make this Valentine’s Day one to remember.
For questions or to learn more about Assisted’s Home Healthcare and the services we offer, call 800-949-6555 or visit us at www.assisted1.com.